Daggerfall:CompUSA Special Edition< Daggerfall
The CompUSA Special Edition was a limited edition version of Daggerfall available to CompUSA customers which included 16 new quests not found in the standard game. Bethesda Softworks later released it to the public as a patch. The patch can be downloaded ; it also comes with the unofficial DaggerfallSetup installer.
The Special Edition was created because CompUSA had told Bethesda that they would not carry the game unless their company exclusively received a special version of the game. Kurt Kuhlmann was responsible for the CompUSA quests.
- Giant Killing: Kill a not-so-gentle giant.
- Lord K'avar Quest Part I: You are tasked to protect a spy for Sentinel.
- Lord K'avar Quest Part II: Free Lord K'avar from the dungeons of Castle Sentinel before his execution is scheduled.
- Lord K'avar Quest Part III: Capture or execute Lord K'avar on Queen Akorithi's behalf in his hideout within Castle Wayrest.
- Runaway Pet: Bring back a noble's runaway tiger.
- Standard Protection: Kill assassins and avenge a dead man.
- The Lost Artifact: Destroy a lich and embark on an optional quest to reveal a lost artifact.
- Azimuthal Vectors: Help a mage with his research.
- Former Student Part I: Hunt down or befriend a former student practicing unsanctioned magic.
- Former Student Part II: Help the renegade mage find a box within the Direnni Tower.
- Former Student Part III: Help the renegade mage find a lost magical item.
- Open a Chest: A merchant needs a magical chest opened.
- Hunt for Undead: Find and kill an undead creature in a local dungeon.
- The Relic: Retrieve a sacred relic guarded by a lich.