She talks about why she's here.
- "I trust that you've come to harass us like the others. Let me save you the effort. Until such time as we're physically removed, we will remain here to conduct our research. Now begone."
- Who are you?
- "Oh, you don't know? I would have thought that bedraggled Khajiit would have given us away. I am a humble servant of our majestic lord, Hermaeus Mora."
- Hermaeus Mora?
- "Yes, Hermaeus Mora—the Prince of Fate, the Lord of Secrets. We are his watchful children.
When we heard that this ancient city had been discovered, we raced here to plumb its depths. Fortunately, this pack of would-be scholars arrived first."
- Fortunate how?
- "Isn't it obvious?
These fools drank the poisoned water and demonstrated its effects. A fascinating discovery—and all the better since it happened to someone other than us. We owe them a debt of gratitude."
- You're not going to be a problem, are you?
- "Wouldn't think of it. I haven't seen their logs and maps, but surely they haven't discovered anything of value. Such a pack of dunces. There's no way they know more than us. No way at all."
Speaking with her after the water has been cleansed in the city and burial grounds:
- "What are you gawking at? We're just … taking notes. Off with you!"
After you kill Shada, she runs into the ruins, never to be seen again.