Gaming Me: Oblivion was my first ES game, and I played it off and on for around five years. I'm still playing Skyrim regularly, and eventually, I want to go through the other games as well, starting with Arena and moving forward.
Real Me: I'm a 53-year-old gay guy who lives in Ottawa with my partner, Patrick. I'm on disability, being nearly bed-ridden by Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (sometimes referred to as "chronic fatigue syndrome", though this name is falling out of style due to its inaccuracy).
Mods I UseEdit
Other Projects, Hacks, Etc.Edit
- Beta-tester (briefly) for the last Unofficial Oblivion Patch.
- Contributed significantly to the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patch.
- Hacked Diablo II's character saved-game format for v. 1.09+, correctly figuring out the CRC check...only to find out someone else had beaten me to it. :(
- Created a tiny mod to light up the various treasure sources in Diablo II and change trapped containers to glow red. Never released publicly, but available on request if anybody wants it.
- Designed a "Speed Dating" mod for Baldur's Gate II that makes romances less glacial; in beta-testing.
- Completely reverse-engineered Ultima III in 1993 and reproduced the game in a more "modern" Turbo Pascal 7, complete with interrupt-based animation. Lost the code in a hard drive crash about a year or two later.
- Created map decoder complete with both text-based display and full graphical animation for X-COM: Terror from the Deep. Lost the code in the same hard drive crash as above. I re-created a text-only version of it in Turbo Pascal 7 afterwards, but never the full graphical version.