Tes3cmd is a command-line tool used for editing, inspecting and cleaning mods.
- Version: 0.37v (exe), 0.36 (requires perl), 0.40 (pre-release alpha)
- Author: John Moonsugar
- Download: Tes3cmd (stable version)
- Download: Tes3cmd pre-release (alpha version)
- Discussion: Official Forums
- Example batch files for avoiding the command line can be found at the Official Forums with a more detailed version in a later post.
- Offers a multipatch command which generates a leveled lists esp that also includes a fix for fog-bugged cells, summoned creatures crashing and exterior cell name conflicts.
- Offers plugin info dump, 1 to 1 diff, common, and not equal comparisons, and a clean command that by default removes duplicate object instances, AMBI/WHGT duplicates, other duplicate records, evil gmsts and junk cells.
- Able to write to header and synchronize plugin header info to masters.
- A fixit command which cleans, synchronizes, generates a multipatch and resets the dates for the Bethesda files.
- Offers several other commands to interest the serious modder. Discussed on the Documentation page (0.37 Documentation) (0.40-pre-release Documentation).
- 0.40 pre-release test version: See changelog for new options. However, the modify --replace function is bugged in this version. Use 0.37v for that function.