|Fire and Forget
|Appears in random loot at level
- Cast on a nearby surface, it explodes for 50 points of fire damage when enemies come near.
Fire Rune is an apprentice level Destruction spell that creates a rune which will explode when enemies come near, causing fire damage and setting targets on fire, dealing 30% of the immediate spell damage, scaling down quadratically over 2 seconds. You can't cast it just anywhere. When you press the cast button, the cross-hair will let you know if you are pointing at a valid surface within range. If it is red, then you can't cast the spell there.
- Fire Rune, 50 pts for 2 sec
- Rune Master increases range to 100 feet.
- You can set off fire runes (your own or others) using any other Destruction spell from a distance.
- Fire Rune does not benefit from the Augmented Flames perk.
- A Fire Rune can also be cast by bashing with the Dawnguard Rune Hammer, by using stamina instead of magicka.