- This scurrying vermin from Oblivion would be lost in the vastness of Nirn without a loyal companion and guide. Even a Daedric rodent needs a friend.
Daedrats are Daedric rat creatures that were available from the Crown Store for 500 from (?) to September 24, 2018. It was released alongside the Imperial City DLC, and was also available in the Imperial City Digital Collector's Edition. Its default name is "Twitchy".
- A foul-smelling Daedric minion, who will follow you loyally, though it won't fight for you.
Scamp pets were available from the Crown Store for 700 , from (?) to May 30, 2016. They are also available in the Storm Atronach Crown Crates as a Superior-level reward. Its default name is "Stinker".
- Is this just a dark fowl, mere poultry of sinister visage—or does it hail from realms beyond Nirn, mayhap from the Deadlands of Mehrunes Dagon or the Ashpit of Malacath? Dare you ask yourself the dread question: Which came first?
The Daemon Chicken is available from the Xanmeer Crown Crates as an Epic-level reward. The Daemon Chicken is unique in that it is the only known noncombat pet whose name has an exclamation point in it. Its default name is "Horror Hen!".
- The hissing and twitching farmer who sells these claims they're just ordinary black roosters. And probably they are. You must have just imagined that this Cockerel's eyes glow after dark. You must have!
The Daemon Cockerel is available from the Hollowjack Crown Crates as a Legendary-level reward. Its default name is "Spurs".
Dappled Cactus BatEdit
- "Sometimes called Friends of the Caravan, these black-and-white bats migrate among cacti stands in arid regions. Trackers follow their guano to find hydrating, safe cacti when in need. Easily trained to be a companion."—Tanandra, Scholar-Errant
Dark Moons LynxEdit
- The Khajiit of Corinthe believe the all-black Dark Moons Lynx is the worldly incarnation of Southpaw, the feline companion to Rahjin the Footpad, god of thieves. It's said Southpaw keeps watch while Rajhin is breaking and entering.
The Dark Moons Lynx is a pet available in the Wild Hunt Crown Crates as a Legendary-level reward. Its default name is "Southpaw".
- "The fiery red of this daedrat's fur indicates its origin: the Oblivion plane called the Deadlands. How it got here and why it's following you are both questions you'd best find the answers to, and soon."
Deadlands Bantam GuarEdit
- It may look cute, but this volcanic little pest comes from Mehrunes Dagon's Oblivion plane of the Deadlands: it's got lava in its blood and fire in its eyes, so keep it away from the curtains.
The Deadlands Bantam Guar is an upcoming pet. Its default name is "Pumice".
- Born from wamasu taken from Shadowfen to the Deadlands, or so their vendors claim, these progeny light up with fire instead of lightning.
- "Occasionally one grows tired of the crush of humanity. To that end, I bought this Death Hound. Now I cannot enter most taverns, but I also don't have people crowding my space."—Theldyn Fadyn, Explorer
- The Deep-Moss Ash Hopper is native to southern Vvardenfell, where it's most commonly found in the fungal-forested uplands and the coastal marshes. They've been adopted as mascot bugs by the Buoyant Armigers, who admire their green carapaces.
- The Desert Lynx, or caracal lynx, is native to south central Tamriel, roaming the savannahs from Corinthe in Elsweyr as far north as the West Weald in Cyrodiil. It's the totem animal of the pastoral Khajiiti tribes, and assists with managing the herds.
- The Wood Elves say that to be followed by a friendly Torchbug is an infallible sign of good fortune. Of course, they also catch them, dry them out, and smoke them in pipes.
Devoted Torchbug pets were made available on PC/Mac via various promotions. It was first made available via promotional codes distributed to specific Twitch streamers, to be given away to viewers. Codes were later given out at the QuakeCon convention in 2018, and continue to occasionally be offered through social media giveaways. The pet is very small, as it is the same size as regular torchbugs encountered in the world. Its default name is "Flitterflash".
- When you always wanted a pony as a child and your parents wouldn't let you have one so you grew up bitter and tormented and became a dark cultist but now you can finally afford a pony.
Dire Ponies were available from the Crown Store for a limited time for 1200 . It returned to the Crown Store in 2020, and was available from November 13 to November 16. Its eyes occasionally glow red. Its default name is "Frighthoof".
Dominion Breton TerrierEdit
- So many wiggles in this Breton Terrier! And wearing the Aldmeri Dominion colors of yellow and silver? Such a good dog! The best dog! For the Queen!
This pet was first made available during 2021's Midyear Mayhem celebration. Its default name is "Queenie".
To receive the pet, you need to collect and combine ten Breton Terrier Mammoth Bones while playing on a character that is part of the Aldmeri Dominion. In doing so, you will receive a Runebox: Aldmeri Breton Terrier Pet, which you can consume to collect this pet. You can find Breton Terrier Mammoth Bones inside of Pelinal's Midyear Boon Boxes. Alternatively, this pet can be purchased from the Impresario for 5 .
There are three separate Alliance Breton Terrier pets, one for each Alliance. The Alliance your fabricated pet is associated with is determined by the Alliance of the character that consumes the ten mammoth bones; Daggerfall Covenant players will receive a Covenant Breton Terrier if they consume ten bones, and Ebonheart Pact players will receive a Pact Breton Terrier if they consume ten mammoth bones. This pet is not like the Alliance War Mastiff. The costume for one Breton Terrier does not change if you set it as your active pet on a character from a different Alliance.
Doom Wolf PupEdit
- When a Doom Wolf Pup looks at you with its big red eyes, you may just melt inside - but as soon as you turn your back, that little rascal will be shredding your embroidered Arenthian pillows and digging up your herbal garden.
The Doom Wolf Pup is a pet available in the Wild Hunt Crown Crates as a Legendary-level reward. Its default name is "Vandal".
- This creature, unusually cute for a denizen of Vvardenfell, is a newcomer to the island whose home and origin are unknown—unless the rumors are true that it's a hybrid born from the magical laboratories of the Telvanni.
- The brown Goats of the Dragontail Mountains are stronger than they look. There's a saying in Hammerfell: "Hits as hard as a Dragontail ram!"
Available from the Crown Store for 400 . Its default name is "William".
Dread-Aurelian Dragonslayer WolfEdit
- "This pup has lived through a Dragon attack, proving itself in front of all the dragonslayers present. Its steadfastness should help keep you alive."—Javinda, Dragonslayer
Dro-m'Athra Senche CubEdit
- Combine Adorable with Abominable, and what do you get? The dro-m'Athra Senche Cub, the cutest thing ever to come out of the Dark Behind the World. Dance, kitten, dance!
The Dro-m'Athra Senche Cub is available in the Dwarven Crown Crates as a Legendary-level reward. It may try to catch a butterfly or belch blue flames while idle. Its default name is "Woe Kitty".
Druadach Mountain DogEdit
- Bred to withstand the winters in the Druadach Mountains, these dogs are favored among the Timberclaw Reach clan. They show deep tenderness to their clan or family members while protecting their territory with ferocity.
Available as an Epic-level reward in Akaviri Potentate Crates. Its default name is "Tenderpaw".
Duskfire Nectar BatEdit
- "So colorful! And common around orchards, farms, and other places with cultivated fruit and flowers. A priceless companion for foragers and travelers since they can lead you to food."—Tanandra, Scholar-Errant
It is available as a guaranteed Epic-level reward in Nightfall Preview Crates. Its default name is "Peeps".
Dusklight Lunar MothEdit
- Quiet, tree-shaded lakes attract these blue-purple moths. Legends claim they glide on starlight and rest upon the Moons' reflections in the water. If one follows you away, good luck is said to bless your path.
Available as an Epic-level reward in Akaviri Potentate Crates. Its default name is "Ripples".
Dusky Fennec FoxEdit
- The Dusky or Midnight Fennec Fox is native to the high savannah of northern Elsweyr, and is often domesticated by nomadic tribes of Khajiit.
- Some adventurers call animunculi like these nuisances since they get under foot easily. Some who prefer constructed companions recommend the Dwarven Scarab over any other type, stating that not only are they pleasing to the eye but also neat as a pin.
For the list of locations where you can acquire the leads to find these fragments, see the main page.
Dwarven Spider PetEdit
- A loyal Dwarven Spider liberated from a Dwemer ruin, converted, using the "Neramo Method," to an unlocked and autonomous state that enables it to leave its original locale.
- This construct was a sort of automated measuring device designed to explore and survey subterranean areas, according to scholars of the lost Deep Elves - except for Narsis Dren, who insists it was an object of pursuit in Dwemeri team sports.
Dwarven War DogEdit
- This loyal beast has been trained for warfare, and will stick with you through every kind of conflict. As a bonus, it comes outfitted in ancient Dwarven dog armor, canine barding as durable today as it was when it was first made many centuries in the past.