Online:Chapters< Elder Scrolls Online
Chapters are large expansions for Elder Scrolls Online. Newly-released Chapters cannot be purchased with Crowns and are not included in ESO Plus subscriptions, but are rather available from other online stores (bought separately for those who already have an ESO account, or with the full game) or newly issued retail copies of the game. Full retail versions of new Chapters include the previous Chapters, while upgrade versions do not. Sections of older Chapters usually become available through ESO Plus and the Crown Store as DLC one year after the initial release. A large zone is always included in each Chapter.
|Prologue||The Missing Prophecy|
|PC/Mac||22 May 2017 (early access)
6 June 2017
|Xbox One||6 June 2017|
|PS4||6 June 2017|
- A dread shadow hangs over Morrowind, portending doom even as Red Mountain shudders and quakes. Travel to Vvardenfell and aid the priests of Vivec in this new region full of prophecy, Dark Elf rivalries, and ancient traditions.
Morrowind was the first Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. It is an expansion set on the island of Vvardenfell. Morrowind includes a new large zone, the Warden class, the PvP mode Battlegrounds, a Trial, and a new storyline centered around saving Vvardenfell from Baar Dau's descent.
As of Update 18 and the release of Summerset, the Chapter is only available for retail purchase by buying the Standard Edition or ESO Collection bundles, and its contents have been divided between the base game and the Crown Store. Battlegrounds have moved to the base game, the Warden class is available as a Crown Store Upgrade, and the Vvardenfell zone has become a DLC, both available for purchase in the Crown Store and unlocked as part of an ESO Plus membership.
- Vvardenfell, a large new zone.
- The Warden, an ice-based nature class.
- A new story, in which you must aid Vivec in regaining his lost powers as part of an emerging Daedric plot.
- Battlegrounds, a new 4v4v4 arena-style PvP mode.
- A new 12-player trial, the Halls of Fabrication.
- A new tutorial and a free player house for new characters.
- Aid the Morag Tong in Balmora or help a slave ascend the ranks of the Telvanni in Sadrith Mora, among other side quests.
- Six new delves, six new group bosses, and two new public dungeons.
- Daily repeatable quests from the Ordinators of Vivec City and the Ashlanders of Ald'ruhn.
- Collectibles to earn, including pets, tattoos, and a personality.
- New dyes, styles, and sets, including three new crafting sites.
- A tomb hunting collection task that will take you all over Vvardenfell.
|Prologue||Through a Veil Darkly|
|Tutorial||The Mind Trap|
|Quest||The Queen's Decree|
|PC/Mac||21 May 2018 (early access)
5 June 2018
|Xbox One||5 June 2018|
|PS4||5 June 2018|
- By royal decree, the once-forbidden island of the High Elves has been opened, its Crystal Tower drawing travelers to its light. But dark forces from beyond and below are also interested in the mystic location in this new chapter set in the Summerset Isle.
Summerset was the second Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. It is an expansion set on the main island of Summerset Isles and Artaeum. The Chapter includes all-new zone packed with adventure, ability to join the Psijic Order, a new crafting Skill Line related to jewelry, a new Trial, and a new storyline.
As of Update 22 and the release of Elsweyr, Summerset is now included with ESO Plus and can be purchased from the Crown Store. Certain promotional bonus content was available with Summerset; see the Queen's Bounty Pack and Collector's Edition for details.
- A large new zone, Summerset.
- Explore Artaeum, the island sanctuary of the Psijic Order.
- An epic main story quest line, concluding the Daedric War narrative.
- Join the mysterious Psijic Order for the first time in an Elder Scrolls game.
- A brand-new Psijic Order combat Skill Line.
- A new Jewelry Crafting Skill Line.
- Cloudrest, a new 12-player Trial.
- A new tutorial, and a free player house for new characters.
- Six new delves, six new group bosses, and two new public dungeons.
- New collectibles to earn, including pets, tattoos, outfit styles, and furnishings.
- All-new group PvE challenge, Abyssal Geysers.
- New styles and sets, including three new crafting sites.
|Prologue||The Demon Weapon|
|Tutorial||Bright Moons, Warm Sands|
|Quest||A Rage of Dragons|
|PC/Mac||20 May 2019 (early access)
4 June 2019
|Xbox One||4 June 2019|
|PS4||4 June 2019|
- Venture to the land of the Khajiit in The Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr, our newest chapter, an epic story in an all-new zone. Face dread creatures from the past—Dragons!—and discover the dark skills of a new character class, the Necromancer, as you join with new friends and old enemies to save Elsweyr from war and devastation.
Elsweyr is the third Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. It is an expansion set in Northern Elsweyr. It was initially teased with a wrathstone tablet and letter from Abnur Tharn, and was announced on January 15th, with the tagline "The Season of the Dragon Approaches". Datamined text for the Chapter reads "ESO reaches new heights of storytelling with a war against the Dragons that unfolds and builds over four quarterly releases to an unexpected climax." A preview of the teaser trailer was released on January 9th after a stream, showing a Khajiit and Abnur Tharn finding a Wrathstone tablet.
- A whole new zone to explore, Northern Elsweyr.
- An epic main story quest line that ties into the Season of the Dragon.
- A challenging new 12-player Trial, Sunspire.
- Massive new world events, Dragon Attacks.
- A huge amount of unique delves, public dungeons, and stand-alone quests.
- New collectibles to earn and styles to learn.
|Zone||Western Skyrim, Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns|
|Prologue||The Coven Conspiracy|
|Tutorial||Bound in Blood|
|Quest||The Gathering Storm|
|PC/Mac||26 May 2020|
|Xbox One||10 June 2020|
|PS4||10 June 2020|
|Stadia||16 June 2020|
Greymoor is the fourth Chapter of The Elder Scrolls Online. Supernatural harrowstorms plague Western Skyrim, and dark beasts, led by a powerful Vampire Lord, devour souls to further their mysterious plans. In The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor, ESO's newest Chapter, you must defend the besieged Nords and uncover the evil behind this monstrous resurgence. It was planned for release on PC/Mac on May 18 2020 but was delayed until May 26, and was planned for release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on June 9 but was delayed until June 10. It can be pre-purchased for Xbox One, and will be coming soon to the PlayStation®Store and Google Stadia.
- Two new zones to explore: Western Skyrim and Blackreach: Greymoor Caverns
- A gothic main story quest line that ties into the Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure
- An intriguing new system: Antiquities
- A massive new 12-player Trial: Kyne's Aegis
- New world events: Harrowstorms
- New delves, public dungeons, and stand-alone quests
- Updates and quality-of-life improvements including a rework of the Vampire Skill Line (free for all ESO players)
There are currently eight bundles available to purchase:
- The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition (listed as The Elder Scrolls Online in the PSN and XBox stores): For new players, this version includes the base game and the Morrowind Chapter.
- Summerset Digital Upgrade: For existing players, this version includes the Summerset Chapter.
- Summerset Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade: For existing players, this version includes the Summerset Chapter, and Collector's Edition bonuses.
- Elsweyr Pre-purchase Standard Edition: For new players, this version includes the base game, the Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr Chapter, Rahd-m'Athra Horse, Blue Dragon Imp pet, one Baandari Pedlar Crate, the Noble Clan-Chief costume and Experience Scrolls & Treasure Maps.
- Elsweyr Pre-purchase Digital Upgrade: For existing players, this version includes the base game, the Elsweyr Chapter, Rahd-m'Athra Horse, Blue Dragon Imp pet, one Baandari Pedlar Crate, the Noble Clan-Chief costume and Experience Scrolls & Treasure Maps.
- Elsweyr Pre-purchase Digital Collector's Edition: For new players, this version includes the base game, the Morrowind Collector's Edition, Summerset Collector's Edition and Elsweyr Chapter, Rahd-m'Athra Horse, Blue Dragon Imp pet, one Baandari Pedlar Crate, the Noble Clan-Chief costume, Experience Scrolls & Treasure Maps and exclusive Senche-Raht mount, Ashen Scar Jerboa pet, the Khajiiti Cultural emote pack, Dragonbone outfit style conversions and Archaic Lore Tablets memento.
- Elsweyr Pre-purchase Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade: For existing players, this version includes the Elsweyr Chapter, Rahd-m'Athra Horse, Blue Dragon Imp pet, one Baandari Pedlar Crate, the Noble Clan-Chief costume, Experience Scrolls & Treasure Maps and exclusive Senche-Raht mount, Ashen Scar Jerboa pet, the Khajiiti Cultural emote pack, Dragonbone outfit style conversions and Archaic Lore Tablets memento.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: The bundle includes the base game, both Morrowind and Summerset Chapters, four DLC game packs: Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood, and a Palomino Horse mount.
- Chapters can be found under the "Stories" tab of Collections, along with Dungeon DLC and Zone DLC. Presently, only Greymoor is found under "Chapters", and Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr have been moved to "Zone DLC".
- When asked about possible areas of Tamriel for future Chapters, Matt Firor mentioned that much of Black Marsh, much of Elsweyr, and half of Skyrim had not been done as zones yet. When asked about the ESO roadmap and whether the studio had plans for what to do once it had covered all of Tamriel in future Chapters, Rich Lambert replied: “One of the beauties of The Elder Scrolls universe is it’s not just tied to Tamriel. Tamriel is the giant main continent. There are other continents [and] there are also the infinite worlds of Oblivion that you can go and explore as well.”
- Each Chapter has had a codename used on its various files prior to release in order to keep its true name a secret before it is officially announced. They are:
- Volcano - Morrowind
- Glacier - Summerset
- Mesa - Elsweyr
- Scarp - Greymoor
- New Info On Murkmire! Interview with Matt Firor from Elder Scrolls Online - Selfraca, YouTube Sep 16, 2018
- The Elder Scrolls Online could take players to “the infinite worlds of Oblivion”