|This page is currently being redesigned for the Lore Places Project (LPP).
The page may need work to meet the standards outlined on the project page.
|This page or parts of this page were previously transcluded to other pages per this discussion.
This page should be checked for potential unrelated lore and other information. Please remove this banner when the page has been cleaned up.
|Subregions||See Planes of Oblivion|
|Appears in||Battlespire, Redguard, Oblivion, Shivering Isles, Oblivion Mobile, Skyrim, Dragonborn, ESO, Legends, Blades|
Oblivion, sometimes known as Hell,[UOL 1] the Outer Realms, the Netherworld or the Nether Planes, is a realm within the Aurbis, and is mainly inhabited by the Daedra—Et'Ada who did not contribute to the creation of the Mundus.
There are at least sixteen major Planes of Oblivion, each ruled over by one of the Daedric Princes, and over 37,000 other documented planes, including chaos realms and pocket realities, although there exists far more than that. Most realms are maintained by greater Daedra, although some are ruled by mortals who have ascended to immortality—like the Ideal Masters. The realms of the Daedric Princes can be very extensive;
The 16 main Daedric planes along with the Daedric Princes they are associated with are:
- Apocrypha, Hermaeus Mora's realm.
- Ashpit, Malacath's realm.
- Attribution's Share, Boethiah's realm.
- Coldharbour, Molag Bal's realm.
- The Colored Rooms, Meridia's realm.
- The Deadlands, Mehrunes Dagon's realm.
- The Evergloam, Nocturnal's realm.
- The Fields of Regret, Clavicus Vile's realm.
- The Hunting Grounds, Hircine's realm.
- Moonshadow, Azura's realm.
- The Myriad Realms of Revelry, Sanguine's realms.
- The Pits, Peryite's realm.
- Quagmire, Vaermina's realm.
- The Scuttling Void, Namira's realm.
- The Shivering Isles, Sheogorath's realm.
- The Spiral Skein, Mephala's realm.
Each plane is different in appearance, depending upon the nature of its ruler. They can range from beautiful to desolate; some are even too strange for mortal comprehension. The rulers associated with the different realms of Oblivion are implied to be able to sense what goes on in their respective planes, and the presence of visitors to their realms.
- For game-specific details, see the Daggerfall, Oblivion, and ESO articles.
- The Doors of Oblivion by Seif-ij Hidja — The chronicles of Morian Zenas' journey through the realms of Oblivion, penned by his apprentice
- On Oblivion by Morian Zenas — A guide to Oblivion and the Daedra
- ^ Dialogue during Rescue Iszara in Redguard
- ^ Molag Bal's dialogue in Morrowind
- ^ Hell Hound and Fire Daemon descriptions from Arena Player's Guide
- ^ Loading Screens in Oblivion
- ^ Daedra Dossier: Cold-Flame Atronach — Denogorath the Dread Archivist
- ^ a b Lord Fa-Nuit-Hen and Tutor Riparius Answer Your Questions — Fa-Nuit-Hen and Tutor Riparius
- ^ Events of ESO
- ^ Divayth Fyr's dialogue in Online:The Light of Knowledge
Note: The following references are considered to be unofficial sources. They are included to round off this article and may not be authoritative or conclusive.