The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, the fourth game in the Elder Scrolls series, is set within the province of Cyrodiil, the heartland and Imperial capital of Tamriel. Emperor Uriel Septim VII is assassinated in flight from his own palace, but just before he dies he passes on to you—the foreordained of his dreams—the mystic Amulet of Kings. The adventure proper begins with the quest to find Uriel's lost and illegitimate son—the only heir to the throne. In a world where the forces of darkness seek their ultimate dominion over the ranks of man and mer alike, you alone stand between the future of Tamriel and the gates of Oblivion.
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition and Game of the Year Edition Deluxe are available to buy from Steam or GOG.com; the former can also be bought from Bethesda.net. Oblivion is also available for Xbox 360 and PS3, and is backwards compatible on Xbox One. It is available to play on PS4 via the PlayStation Now cloud gaming service. Note that most add-ons are unavailable on the PlayStation version.
Additional general game information can be found here.
- Attributes — What are the basic stats?
- Birthsigns — What do the stars say about you?
- Character Creation — A guide on the character creation process
- Classes — Information about the standard classes, plus advice on how to roll your own
- Fame — Become a famous hero...
- Infamy — ...or a notorious criminal.
- Leveling — Understanding the character leveling system
- Races — The defining characteristics of the races in Cyrodiil
- Skills — And what can you do?
- Vampirism — Information about vampirism and related quests
- Combat — A guide to the combat system in Oblivion
- Controls — A table of the various controls used to interact with the game, for all game platforms
- Crime — Information about the laws of Cyrodiil and how to stay on the right side of the authorities
- Diseases — Diseases you can catch in Oblivion
- First Time Players — Hints and tips specifically for people playing for the first time
- Items — Where to find specific items and their related attributes
- Magic — How to use magic
- Differences Between Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim — A guide containing the main differences between the three games, and useful tips for adapting
- Creatures — A bestiary of all the good and bad creatures found in the game
- Factions — Listing of all the guilds and factions you may join
- Maps — Are you familiar with your whereabouts?
- NPCs — Listing of all non-player characters in the game
- People — Listing of all the named people in the game
- Places — Listing of all the places found in the game
- Services — A listing of all the services (general merchants, horse merchants, houses, trainers, etc.) provided in the game
Guides and Secrets
- Game Manual — The official game manual
- Prima Official Game Guide — The official Oblivion strategy guide
- Prima Official Shivering Isles Guide — The official Shivering Isles strategy guide
- In-Depth Guides — Various walkthroughs and tutorials to help get the most out of the game
- Hints — All sorts of gameplay hints to let you play the game in a more comprehensive way
- Easter Eggs — Funny, out of place, or reference-related non-bug findings
- Console Versions
- PC Version
Mods and Modding
- Mods — Content and gameplay information about player-created mods for Oblivion
- Stirk — Originally part of the Tamriel Rebuilt project, adds the island of Stirk to the west of Anvil
- Modding — Technical information about creating your own mods for Oblivion
Previews and Reviews
- Achievements — Awards you can receive for your efforts on the Xbox version
- Alchemy Calculator — A tool for creating potions or poisons with Alchemy and calculating their effects
- Credits — A list of the people credited by the game
- Voice Actors — List of the actors who provided voices for Oblivion's NPCs
- Glitches — Different things you may have noticed about Oblivion that just weren't right
- Historical References — References to people, places and events from previous Elder Scrolls games
- Loading Screens — Information that appears while the game loads
- Music — Information about Oblivion's soundtrack
- Technical Details — Some specific details of Oblivion
- Wallpapers — Official wallpapers, available in various sizes
- forums where you can discuss the game — A place on the UESP