|# of Zones||7|
|Respawn Time||10 days|
|Console Location Code(s)|
|DLC2ApocryphaEnd01, DLC2ApocryphaEnd02, DLC2ApocryphaEnd03, DLC2ApocryphaEnd04, DLC2ApocryphaEnd05, DLC2ApocryphaEnd06, DLC2ApocryphaEnd07, DLC2ApocryphaEnd08, DLC2ApocryphaEnd09, DLC2ApocryphaEnd10, DLC2ApocryphaEnd11, DLC2ApocryphaEnd12, DLC2ApocryphaEnd13, DLC2ApocryphaEnd14, DLC2ApocryphaEnd15, DLC2ApocryphaEnd16, DLC2ApocryphaOrigin, DLC2ApoIslandA01, DLC2ApoIslandA02, DLC2ApoIslandA03, DLC2ApoIslandA04, DLC2ApoStart02, DLC2ApoStart03, DLC2ApoStart04, DLC2ApoStart05, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd01, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd02, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd03, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd04, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd05, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd06, DLC2Book01DungeonEnd07, DLC2Book02DungeonExterior|
It is an endless library where all forbidden knowledge can be found, with stacks of books reaching towards the glowing green sky. You can enter the plane via Black Books found in dungeons and other locations throughout Solstheim. The realm is inhabited by Daedra called Seekers and Lurkers. Tentacles constantly breach the acidic dark waters and sometimes whip at you, causing a significant amount of damage if they manage to hit you. The acidic waters with the tentacles are also corrosive and cause damage if stepped in. Some areas of Apocrypha, specifically Filament and Filigree and The Sallow Regent, are covered in a consuming darkness that will inflict continuous health damage if you enter it; to avoid damage, you must either create or seek sources of light, such as the plane's floating Wisp-Lanterns.
Some areas are divided into "chapters"; to progress, you must find the book to access the next chapter. Every chapter does not necessarily need to be accessed in turn in order to reach the end of a book, as certain chapters in some areas may be skipped entirely or accessed out of numerical order.
There are seven accessible areas of Apocrypha, each associated with a Black Book:
- Epistolary Acumen
- Filament and Filigree
- The Hidden Twilight
- The Sallow Regent
- The Winds of Change
- Untold Legends
- Waking Dreams
For historical information on Apocrypha, see the lore article.
Dragonborn Main QuestEdit
- The Temple of Miraak: Uncover the source of Miraak's power in the Temple of Miraak.
- The Gardener of Men: Travel to the realm of Hermaeus Mora to learn the rest of Bend Will.
- At the Summit of Apocrypha: Confront Miraak at the summit of Apocrypha and defeat him once and for all.
- Black Book: Filament and Filigree: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: The Hidden Twilight: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: The Sallow Regent: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: The Winds of Change: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- Black Book: Untold Legends: Learn the Black Book's hidden knowledge.
- The Black Books will only transport you to Apocrypha if you are currently in Solstheim. If you use a book while you are in Skyrim, the message "A vision of Solstheim swims before your eyes and then is gone" will appear on screen, and you will not be teleported to Apocrypha.
- If you die in Apocrypha, you are simply removed from the realm and returned to the location in Solstheim where you used the book. You can also return to Solstheim from within the realm by reading any Black Book inside Apocrypha; the book does not have to be the same one that you used to enter the realm. The exception to this is the battle with Miraak.
- Apocrypha features unique activators and containers. "Scryes" open gates and extend staircases, while "fonts of magicka" and "fonts of stamina" may be used to restore your magicka and stamina, respectively. Pods and vessels contain a variety of loot.
- There is an abundance of valuable books, scrolls, and soul gems in Apocrypha, found on shelves and tables, in pods and vessels, and dropped by seekers and lurkers upon death. This includes skill books, as well as spell tomes you might not be able to acquire otherwise based on your current level or skills.
- Followers cannot accompany you into Apocrypha.
- When first reading a book, the "Return to Solstheim" option only appears after choosing one of the rewards. The following times, the option is directly available and, since the return to Solstheim takes several seconds, you can activate it first and then choose a reward.
- You may be unable to go back to Solstheim using either the Black Book or the activator at the end, instead receiving the message "You are unable to concentrate on what you're reading."
- Disable Survival Mode if you have it enabled.
- Step into the black water in Apocrypha or, if available, a dark area that causes damage. When you lose all your health, you'll be transported out of the book.
- Use the
coccommand to move to another location, (e.g.,
- You may continue taking damage after dying in a dark area, even though you're no longer in Apocrypha or in darkness.
- Upon returning to Solstheim the sky may still be set to the swirling green sky effect for Apocrypha.
- Fast travel to any Solstheim location will remove the effect.
- Masser and Secunda may appear in the sky, even though you aren't supposed to be in Tamriel. This is especially noticeable at night.