Online:Shadow Over Morrowind< Elder Scrolls Online: Quests
Shadow Over Morrowind is the seventh main story arc of Elder Scrolls Online, following on from the Legacy of the Bretons. It is an overarching story which spans multiple content updates in the form of DLC, Chapters, and free quests, covering the entirety of 2023's content releases and beyond. Details of the plot were officially announced on January 25, 2023.
It is a multi-year story arc and will presumably continue with 2024's content releases.
Due to the multiple content releases involved in Shadow Over Morrowind, there are no prerequisites for completing these quests and they can be done in any order. However, they do follow a chronological order as listed here.
- Scribes of Fate Storyline — Investigate the misuse of two powerful artifacts.
- A War of Scribes: A usurper has taken control of the Scribes of Mora.
- Unstuck From Time: Investigate a temporal disturbance at the remote Telvanni settlement of Bal Sunnar.
- Necrom Chapter Prologue
- Eye of Fate: Bring three glyphics to Hermaeus Mora.
- Necrom StorylineNecrom —
- Fate's ProxyNecrom: Join forces with Hermaeus Mora to stop a threat to reality itself
- Keeper of the Fate
- Spirit of Fate
- Fate's Lost Dream
- A Hidden Fate
- Conclave of Fate
- A Calamity of Fate
- An Unhealthy Fate
- Chronicle of Fate
Influencers received a letter from Leramil the Wise in advance of the Necrom reveal. When held under a blacklight, the symbol of Hermaeus Mora is revealed.
- The title of this story arc is a reference to H.P. Lovecraft's short story The Shadow over Innsmouth, which the genre of cosmic horror—this story arc's theme—is heavily influenced by.
- The Crown Store preview description for the Eye of Fate prologue on the Announcement screen refers to the "Secrets of Apocrypha" year-long story. This may have been a working name for the arc when it was only going to span content releases for 2023.