UESPWiki:Featured Images< UESPWiki
Featured images follow the same nomination process as for Featured Articles, but as they appear in a different section of the main page, a separate series of votes is held to decide which images meet the required standard.
For an image to be eligible for Featured status, it must be used in a UESP article. This is to prevent specially-taken beauty shots from stealing the limelight.
Featured Image ProcessEdit
Any registered member can nominate any image at any time. Nominated images should be of high quality and meet the site's image standards.
To nominate an image, list it on the bottom of this page with a three-tier heading, (
===Example===), and briefly explain why you think the image should be given featured status.
|File:SR-quest-Dragon Rising 05.jpg
This is another great image. It appears cinematic, which is rare for the TES series.
After an image has been nominated, any registered member can vote to support or oppose each nomination. Each member can only vote once for a given image, but a member may change his/her vote by striking out the original vote and replacing it with the revised vote.
To vote on an image, state whether you support or oppose the image for featured image status. A vote should be in bold, and all votes must be signed. For example:
* '''Support''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Oppose''': <Comment> --~~~~
Commenting with your vote is optional, but if you oppose a nomination, please state how the image must be improved to get your support for featured status.
If you are not yet ready to vote but would still like to add your thoughts, you may use:
* '''Comment''': <Comment> --~~~~ or
* '''Question''': <Question> --~~~~
And fill in your concerns or questions.
UESP Administrators will periodically make decisions on image nominations. Decisions will only be made if:
- The image has been nominated for more than seven days.
- Five or more votes have been placed.
Nominations not meeting these criteria will be left open until a decision can be reached.
Images whose nominations pass will receive featured image status on the front page for two weeks (which may be extended up to one month if there is a shortage of images), and receive a small bronze star () on the top right corner. If an image achieves featured status before the present featured image's time expires, it must wait its turn.
Current Featured ImageEdit
Nominations and VotesEdit
Look at this lady. Ears perked up, head cocked slightly to the side. She's judging you.
- Support: As nominator. -MolagBallet (talk) 00:52, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
- Support: OK I will make an exception because
heshe looks very polite The Rim of the Sky (talk) 01:10, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose: Sorry, but I'm just not a fan. The subject of the image is so low-res and jagged looking that when it's blown up to be looked at it just doesn't look appealing to me. And, the way the lighting is interacting with it just isn't working for me with how unevenly lit up different parts like the wings and the shoulders just forward of them are. All in all, it's just a barely adequate profile shot for the page that's no different from the thousands of other creature images kicking about on the UESP, so it's hard to imagine this as Featured Image material. -Damon talk ♥ edits 15:58, 10 August 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose: I love the pose and the amount of photo real estate this photo takes, but I feel like it should be retaken now that you have a better graphics card since its blurry.Zebendal (talk) 09:53, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
This is a nice cinematic shot. It's pretty high res, the subject takes up plenty of screen real estate and he casts a lovely shadow that shows how imposing he is.
- Support: As nominator. -MolagBallet (talk) 23:03, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Cool angle and the shadow is nice as well... superb details thanks to the high quality. Definitely fitting as FI. (Unless there's some similar SR FI image already...?) Tib (talk) 17:37, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: Well, since Tib brought it up, there is this image which is somewhat similar, but it was featured 7 years ago. There's also this image which is already in the queue as one of the next FIs; it's not SR but it is similar to some extent. Not that there's anything wrong with having multiple werewolf FIs, as long as they're not featured too soon after one another. — Wolfborn↝(Howl) 19:34, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
High resolution, great lighting with perfect highlights/contrast. Background neither busy nor boring. It would be great to have a Blades image featured, and this gets almost the most possible out of a Blades screenshot.
- Support: As nominator. -Dcsg (talk) 02:12, 23 August 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Fine work gentleman --Lilybit (talk) 20:55, 24 August 2020 (UTC)
- Support: For a blades image, it is pretty good. Personally, i feel like blades shots are held back by being primarily on Mobile, but once PC comes out, we will get betters shots.Zebendal (talk) 21:40, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
- Neutral: The cave background blends in with the wight's own colors and makes it hard to distinguish, would be better if it was retaken in an Ayleid ruin near blue light The Rim of the Sky (talk) 01:17, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Nice Blades image, good example of what a creature image should be. Imperialbattlespire (talk) 23:27, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
This image has wonderful lighting, and the subject takes up most of the shot.
- Support: As nominator. — Unsigned comment by MolagBallet (talk • contribs) at 02:44 on 25 September 2020 (UTC)
- Support —Legoless (talk) 08:00, 25 September 2020 (UTC)
- Nasty, ugly little thing. But nevertheless I Support. Schiffy(Talk) 22:51, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
- Support: I rly like the shading on it, kinda hot The Rim of the Sky (talk) 01:17, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
Previously nominated by Tib about 4 years ago, it didn't pass due to the lighting and it being hard to make out what it depicts. I have replaced the old screenshot previously taken Vordur, and replaced it with my own. I took advantage of the newer image standards to fit in more of the figure, and took it in clear lighting. I will quote Tib on the significance of the carved cliffs.
"A window to the past of Stonefalls... This statue tells a story of two brothers and their ultimate sacrifice to save their home in the face of war. Brothers of Strife is an interesting bit of lore and, in my opinion, one of the things you definitely take with you when you leave the Stonefalls area in ESO. Again, this is such a great FI material. As above, if there is something you think could be improved, share your thoughts!"
And there you have it.
- Support: As nominator. Zebendal (talk) 05:22, 27 October 2020 (UTC)
- Support: Pretty cool scenery, looks better with the daylight now too The Rim of the Sky (talk)
- Support: Nice landscape shot.--Talyyn (talk) 01:38, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support: A wonderful, clear shot! No complaints here. -MolagBallet (talk) 03:47, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
A difficult shot with no UI elements, featuring a boss from ESO's new solo Arena in the midst of casting an ability.
- Support: As nominator. -MolagBallet (talk) 17:55, 6 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support: he looks cool The Rim of the Sky (talk) 01:17, 10 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support: A very cool shot with some nice detail. The outline looks a little odd at first but I think it actually adds to it. --Oriwa Talk 01:31, 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: Speaking of the outline, that's a detail I thought about explaining, but forgot to do. The boss during this fight basically manifests as a golden glow which you can see possessing the husks around the battlefield. The yellow outline is part of the effect, and isn't a UI element. Only bringing this up because it could possibly be mistaken for a UI element by some. — Unsigned comment by MolagBallet (talk • contribs) at 02:27 on 14 November 2020 (UTC)
- Oppose: Even if it's not a UI effect, the glow looks strange. —Legoless (talk) 23:57, 15 January 2021 (UTC)
Great framing, good colouring; a high res image capturing a cool group dungeon moment (dude drank dragon blood). Pretty difficult shot to take and this one came out looking excellent.
- Support: As nominator. —Legoless (talk) 23:34, 8 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support: I don't disagree with that notion. He's centered, the mist isn't too in front of his helmet (making the details on the front of the helmet visible, which is always a plus), and he's fully in-frame and high res. -MolagBallet (talk) 03:46, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support: The only way this pic could be improved is to retake it closer up to get rid of the excess ~100 pixels on the bottom, other than that its a really great shot! The Rim of the Sky (talk) 18:08, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
What a wonderful image! It's so expressive, despite the subject being a many-eyed (most of which don't have lids), tentacled monster. The entire beast is in-frame, the lighting works, and the colors are similar without making it too difficult to see the subject.
- Support: As nominator. -MolagBallet (talk) 03:46, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support —Legoless (talk) 05:27, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- Neutral: As flattered as I am by the nomination, I was never a fan of how the contrast turned out due to lack of shadows. Its just an inherent problem with Dark Anchor pics, the Dread Watcher has the exact same color scheme as the dolmen so (unless I retook the pic in the Alik'r) the Watcher is always going to blend in with the background. That being said, I do like the pose I got the Watcher in, and everybody is entitled to vote on this pic how they want but to me I think there are better pics of Watchers out there The Rim of the Sky (talk) 18:08, 29 January 2021 (UTC)
- Support Well its a Watcher and its cute, and also the fact it blends into the background is what is so neat about the picture so it has my support. TheVampKnight (talk) 10:01, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose: We had already featured a similar picture before. This one beats it in the amount of photo real estate and the pose it has, but the previous one beats it in having a background that doesn't blend into it.Zebendal (talk) 10:27, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
I find this image to be very impressive, I love the way the screen shot was took where he is holding his sword.
- Support: As nominator. -TheVampKnight (talk) 10:20, 3 February 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose: Perfectly fine NPC image, but it's dark and not very impressive. —Legoless (talk) 22:05, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose: I think the pose and resolution are very good, but the problem is the lighting is coming from the backside, making it very poor. I guess using Almalexia's lantern in front of him in a new pic would get rid of this issue, I'm just worried it would not be as high res. The Rim of the Sky (talk) 22:23, 28 February 2021 (UTC)
- Oppose: It has nice framing and a good pose, but it could be improved. I agree with Rim of the sky on the lighting. If it came from the front, the details on the character would be more prominent. His armor is darker than the environment, so he technically stands out, but he doesn't stand out in a very aesthetically pleasing way. The colors are too similar for him to stand out in a way that "feels" right. -MolagBallet (talk) 22:55, 17 March 2021 (UTC)