Ingredients table for Reachwater RockEdit
If you think that one is too minor.....what about this one which is being held up as examples of write ups to emulate on the SHRP page? Where should I draw the line between listing items and tabulating them? There are other places that aren't houses with really short tables. Cheers. Biffa (talk) 01:29, 11 March 2014 (GMT)
- This is just my opinion on this. I feel that listing things in tables gives them extra emphasis, which doesn't seem appropriate for something as minor as ingredients, but rather should be reserved for more important listings such as Residents. Along these lines, the UESPWiki:Skyrim_Houses_Redesign_Project/Displayed_Merchandise page shows ingredients being listed in bullet form, rather than in tables, which I think is more appropriate for Houses as well as Places. --Xyzzy Talk 04:31, 11 March 2014 (GMT)
- Fair enough, I agree with your point of view, what I've done up until now is generally if something is already in table form I've left well enough alone, but agree no need to give this level of emphasis to ingredients found in most places and bullet points still achieve clarity without the over-emphasis. Cheers. Biffa (talk) 16:49, 11 March 2014 (GMT)
I was doing a edit on a Enchanting section (verifying a note) when I realized I was verifying my own posting (DUH). So I hit the "back" button on the browser which should have (and did) cancel my edit and then looked at the history to verify that was in fact my post. When I looked at the history I saw you had moved this unsaved post to the talk page already (my cancels got rid of that later but not when I first looked.)
To me, this indicates you received notification of a change based on the metadata not on the "save page".
Just thought you should know. Cheers :)
Capitalization of various thingsEdit
- I just read through it moderately thoroughly, and it looks to me that the consensus was to NOT treat "elven" as a proper noun, with only one editor wanting to capitalize everything. Are you seeing something different? --Xyzzy Talk 23:54, 26 March 2014 (GMT)
Thank you for welcoming me. I hope this place is a bit more friendly than other places I have been. I don't know if I will make edits, only because I don't look for them nor can I ever find what needs to be done really. The other ES games I have no interest in, only because I don't have them, except Oblivion. Skyrim is when I discovered what The Elder Scrolls was and is about.
South of SkyrimEdit
We were talking about this some time ago here.
Anyway I may have figured out why you couldn't find this path. It seems that Dawnguard wipes it out. If Dawnguard is loaded, there's no way over the mountains to the south. Try a new game with no Dawnguard perhaps sometime.
I normally start new games with Dawnguard disabled, which is why it took me this long to figure it out. I find its habit of making town guards scream at me "START A NEW QUEST!" when I hit level 10 very irritating. --Morrolan (talk) 04:28, 13 July 2014 (GMT)
- I just tried it with vanilla Skyrim, no updates, no nothing, and I wasn't able to find any holes in the "you can't go that way" barrier anywhere. If you have a webcam or cell phone camera, just use that to supplement your directions so we know where you went. – Robin Hood (talk) 05:10, 13 July 2014 (GMT)
- No updates, as in version 1.0?
- I found it with Hearthfire & Dragonborn installed, on 1.9. I don't have any easy way to upload images at the moment. --Morrolan (talk) 05:17, 13 July 2014 (GMT)
- Yeah, 1.0. I just enable the latest update, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn, and got the same result. I get stopped before reaching the top of the mountain. The area I'm in is mostly snow, with a large rock formation in the middle. It looks like you'd be able to get up on either side of the rock formation if you didn't hit the barrier, but I do across the entire area. – Robin Hood (talk) 14:49, 13 July 2014 (GMT)
I noticed you had a bit of a gap in editing. Welcome back! Always liked seeing you in recent changes. A lot of old faces are still around, alongside some new ones. We also have some new things in the works, you can learn more about the more secret projects on our Discord if you'd join it. --AKB Talk Cont Mail 18:14, 7 May 2017 (UTC)
Stones of BarenziahEdit
- I was basing it off of memory, which was that none of the stones were actually owned so didn't technically count as stealing. --Xyzzy Talk 15:52, 11 August 2018 (UTC)