|# Samples||16 (+4 cursed)|
Dremora, Golden Saint,
- "A daedra's heart must be removed during the brief period of its appearance on the mortal plane. The daedra's heart has modest magical properties, but, since removing the heart is generally fatal to the specimen, the substance is rare and expensive."
There is a special variety of Daedra's Heart, ID:
ingred_cursed_daedras_heart_01, which can be found in many Daedric Shrines. Beware though, because these are cursed, and will cause a Dremora Lord to appear behind you and attack when you pick them up.
Daedra's Heart is one of only two ingredients in vanilla Morrowind which can be used to create Night Eye potions, the other ingredient being Kagouti Hide. The Bloodmoon expansion adds five other ingredients with a Night Eye effect. However, combining a Daedra's Heart with their cursed variant leads to a potion containing all four effects.
Three other unique hearts are added by the Bloodmoon expansion. While they are not in any way associated with Daedra, they are identical in appearance and effects while their weights and values vary. They are all needed for various quests, and so should not be used for alchemical purposes. They are:
- Heart of an Innocent (ID:
- Heart of the Udyrfrykte (ID:
- Heart of the Wolf (ID:
|Desired Effect||Combine with:|
|Restore Magicka||Adamantium Ore, Belladonna Berries, Comberry, Frost Salts, Heartwood, Void Salts|
|Fortify Endurance||Guar Hide, Netch Leather|
|Drain Agility||Ash Salts, Black Anther, Diamond, Emerald, Hypha Facia, Pearl, Raw Ebony, Ruby|
|Night Eye||Bear Pelt, Grahl Eyeball, Kagouti Hide, Snow Bear Pelt, Snow Wolf Pelt, Wolf Pelt|
For a safer (but more expensive) way to stock up, the following vendors carry restocking supplies:
- Anis Seloth (2) - Anis Seloth's shop, Sadrith Mora
- Craetia Jullalian (1) - Guild of Mages, Vivec, Foreign Quarter
- Gils Drelas (2) - Upper Tower: Therana's Chamber, Tel Branora
- Nalcarya of White Haven (1) - Nalcarya: Fine Alchemist, Balmora
Loose samples (non-cursed):
Loose samples (cursed):