- Julianos says: Know the truth. Observe the law. When in doubt, seek wisdom from the wise. — Ten Commands: Nine Divines
Julianos, Aedric God of Wisdom and Logic, is one of the Cyrodilic Divines, governing the realms of literature, law, history, and contradiction. He is usually associated with magic, and thus is often revered by wizards. Jhunal, the Nordic father of language and mathematics, fell out of favor in the Nordic pantheon, after which he became Julianos of the Divines. Monastic orders founded by Tiber Septim and dedicated to Julianos are the keepers of the Elder Scrolls. He is particularly venerated among many Imperials and Bretons. As a Divine, he represents the virtue of learning, scholarship, and justice. His domains include sorcery, alchemy and enchantment. He is said to "incant the Damned Equation". His symbol is a triangle.
Julianos created the Shield of the Crusader for Pelinal Whitestrake, to help him defeat Umaril the Unfeathered. A chapel is dedicated to his worship in Skingrad. There is also a Chantry of Julianos in the Imperial City.
In the Iliac Bay, temples dedicated to him are known as Schools of Julianos. As their name implies, these temples are considered educational institutions. They are believed to have spread the term "magicka" to describe the "power associated with performing magic". Julianos is the patron deity of the regions of Lainlyn, Daenia, Abibon-Gora, Dwynnen, Tulune and Satakalaam.
After imperialization and the loss of independence, some Reachmen embraced the worship of the Eight Divines, including Julianos, believing that certain aspects of their traditional practices were best left in the past.
The planet Julianos, sometimes called JHUNAL, is one of the Dominion Planets in the skies of Mundus, and according to the Warrior-Poet, Vivec, is one of the eight worlds known to the Dwemer. Julianos marks the eye of the Mage constellation. Stendarr is Julianos' satellite and is orbiting around it. The planet is simultaneously Julianos and the plane of Julianos, just like the other planets and their eponymous patrons.
- For related information, see the School of Julianos article.
- Generic dialogue in Morrowind
- Varieties of Faith... — Brother Mikhael Karkuxor of the Imperial College
- Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition: Invocation — Imperial Geographical Society, 2E 864
- Events of the Oblivion: Knights of the Nine
- Guide to Skingrad — Alessia Ottus
- Response to Bero's Speech — Malviser, Battlemage
- Faction information on the School of Julianos in Daggerfall
- The Ransom of Zarek — Marobar Sul
- King Edward, Part XII
- Patron deities of Lainlyn, Daenia, Abibon-Gora, Dwynnen, Tulune, Satakalaam in Daggerfall
- Belchimac's dialogue in Skyrim
- Cedran's dialogue in Skyrim
- Degaine's dialogue in Skyrim
- Wine Ingredient List — Talan
- Events of Oblivion