|Added by: Tamriel Rebuilt|
|Region: Dagon Urul|
Helnim is an Imperial town in the district of Telvannis. The town, established as an entrepôt of the Zarfibel Bay Company, serves as the main trading connection of the Empire with the Telvannis. The town was established in order to exploit the relative openness of the Telvanni of the neighboring Tel Gilan to trade with outlanders.
The visitor that arrives by boat can immediately find The Red Drake, a inn in the Northern side of the docks, where one can spend the night and have a meal. One can also visit Mjornir's Meadhouse, on the far side of the town, for a more rowdy meal and a few drinks. On the Southern side of the docks lies Census and Excise office that controls the important flux of Telvanni goods.
Getting there & aroundEdit
Helnim maintains regular boat travel lines with Firewatch and Marog, while Tel Gilan competes by offering silt strider connections with Ranyon-ruhn and Tel Muthada. By foot, a long and winding road crawls to the north around the Boethian Mountains until a pass where it can cross them to reach the road between Ranyon-ruhn and Firewatch. To the south, it cuts through the Molag Ruhn to rejoin Tel Muthada or Marog.
Governor Contumious Flavius is the designated Imperial authority in Helnim, but in reality this is not how the town works. The governor is in fact more a hindrance than a help to Imperial authority in Helnim. His Telvanni counterpart is the Mad Lord, Narrusa Darythi, who makes no more of an effective ruler for the Telvanni. For the Imperials, true power lies with the newly promoted Knight Protector Caedan Jorval, who has organized a town militia independent of the corrupt Windmoth Legion, who still officially garrison the town. With the Telvanni, power is shared among a small 'council' of Narrusa's closest advisers, headed by the adept Vyhlathri Ashara.
Outside of politics, notable figures are local Fighters Guild head, Hartise, and the head of the Imperial Archaeological Society's Helnim branch, Barrato Marthus. An important thing to note about Helnim is that, despite its high levels of corruption, the arrival of Caedan Jorval led to a sharp clamp-down on Thieves Guild activity. For this reason, the local boss, Greedy Hofmund, is requiring all Guild members to keep a low profile, if they haven't been arrested already. Imperial Cult services are led by Cantorius Tramel, and Census and Excise work is carried out by Vara Solius, or Jociel Marinard in the diamond mines.
For a complete list of all the people in Helnim, go here.
Places of Interest around HelnimEdit
The most notable place of interest in the area is incontestably the cyclopean ruins of Kemel-Ze, just across the bay. In closer vicinity, the caves of Asnadan, Berantus and Galseah can be found; as well as the Falanos Ancestral Tomb. Farther to the south lies the Veralan Farm and to the north can be found Otori and Yenidan, two caverns, the Aviroth Ancestral Tomb, the Dwemer Ruins of Mzankh, the Velothi Tower of Assurbalhet, and the famous Telvanni Library. To the southeast, the Dwemer ruins of Amthuandz form with Mzankh and Kemel-Ze a triangle of which Helnim is roughly at the center.
- Joran the Defector: Convince a former member to rejoin the guild.
- Tainted Goods: Ensure a fellow fighter is not imperilled.
- Mission of Mercy: Knock some sense into a Redguard miner.
- Tainted Goods Revisited: Discover the source of cursed supplies in Helnim.
- The Mad Lord's Guars: Help take care of some guars in Helnim Fields.
- Hunting Twilight: Destroy a rebellious Daedra.
- Fame or Folly
- The Wealthy Widower: Console a grieving widower.
- An Unlikely Convert: Collect the dues of an unlikely convert.
- The Thieving Pilgrim: Help retrieve a stolen limeware platter.
- Harbor Haunting: Exorcise an ill-fortuned vessel.
- Racer Swarm: Cull cliff racers at Helnim's lighthouse.
- Wanted Wizard: Arrest a murdering mage.
- Raiders in Otori: Break a bandit group harassing Telvanni traders.
- Test of Loyalty: Unearth a mole in the organisation.
- Uncovering the Truth: Meet with a militia double-agent.
- A Fourth Thief: Bring an ex-guildmember back into the fold.
- The Heist: Greedy Hofmund has a daring plan...
- Anonymous Request: Not everything is as simple as it seems.
- A Midnight Meeting: Spy on a secret meeting of the Helnim Militia.