( ) (lore page)
|Alignment: East Empire Company|
|Region: Hirstaang Forest|
Raven Rock is a settlement in the Hirstaang Forest created by the East Empire Company (EEC). When you first encounter the colony, it is a bare patch of open snow. As you progress, buildings are constructed and it becomes a center for murder and intrigue.
Raven Rock MineEdit
The colony of Raven Rock was built on top of a vast ebony deposit. The mine produces ebony for the EEC to be processed and shipped to Cyrodiil. The indigenous Nords resent the Empire's expansionism and its disregard for the balance of nature on Solstheim and are known for their utter contempt for Imperial authority. The setting of the mine on an apparent ancient burial chamber doesn't help relations with the natives. The importance of those relations is demonstrated when some sort of impenetrable ice, Stalhrim, halts progress and the EEC is forced to seek solutions from those very same Nords.
Getting There and AroundEdit
Transport by boat is available between Fort Frostmoth and the colony. The trail to Fort Frostmoth through Hirstaang Forest is fairly quick, but treacherous for the unprepared. Divine Intervention from here takes you to Fort Frostmoth, while Almsivi Intervention leads all the way back to Gnisis.
- There is a small chance that a Gibbering Lunatic – a male level 87 Breton Barbarian – spawns east of Raven Rock, past the little stone hill and then a little to the south. He turns into a Werewolf between 9 pm and 6 am.
- Several of the houses and the town walls are absent on Xbox. The only buildings present, other than the Factor's Estate and the trader/smith (which are built during the quests), are: the Raven Rock Mine, the Bar, the North Storehouse, Uryn Maren's House, the watchtower next to the Trader and Veresa Alver's ship. There are not even the walls surrounding the place.
- Establish the Mine: Starting out on the quest to build the Raven Rock colony.
- A Blocked Door: Get a crazy Nord to leave the villagers alone.
- Missing Supply Ship: Search for a missing shipment scheduled to arrive at Raven Rock.
- Making a Choice: Take sides to either make the colony succeed or fail.
- Setting up Shop: Help Falco/Carnius decide which shop to build.
- Supply Route Problems: Deal with a shipper who is demanding extra payments for delivering some ebony ore.
- To Catch a Thief: Track down who is stealing ebony ore from the mine.
- Aiding and Abetting: Help Carnius and Uryn to smuggle ore out of the Raven Rock mine.
- Bar Brawl: Calm down an old man in the bar who is picking fights with everyone.
- Discovery in the Mine: Investigate a strange burial chamber just discovered deep within the ebony mine.
- Race Against the Clock: Deliver a report quickly to Carnius in Fort Frostmoth.
- Stop the Messenger: Intercept a report from Falco for Carnius with the help of Hroldar.
- Razing the Forest: Take care of some Spriggans that have begun attacking the colony.
- Hiring Guards: Find some guards to protect the colony.
- Protect Falco: Someone wants Falco dead and you have to protect him.
- Under Siege: Protect Raven Rock from a fake Skaal attack.
- The Assassin: Carnius requires your skills in the assassination of Falco.
- Drastic Measures: Help Carnius Magius plan an attack to slaughter the occupants of Raven Rock.
- The Factor's Estate: Build your estate as new Factor of the colony.
- In Search of the Falmer: Find some proof for the existence of Snow Elves for a High Elf in the Raven Rock bar.
* Only one of these two merchants will appear, depending on whether you choose to build a Shop or a Smithy during the Setting up Shop quest.
*The Factor's Estate will be built in ONE of these locations at your choosing, not all three.
**Either the Trader or the Smith will be built at your choosing during the Setting up Shop quest, not both.
***There is no Sados Relothan anywhere in the game, and this house is completely unoccupied. Oddly, one item in it is listed as belonging to Sakin Sanammasour, an otherwise un-notable Ashlander living in Suran.