(Click on any item for details)
Sheogorath's Signet Ring
Silver Staff of Reckoning
Mantle of WoeBM
Drain Attribute, M points for D seconds
Temporarily lowers one of the target's attributes by M points for D seconds. Derived attributes such as Fatigue, Health, Magicka, and Encumbrance will be recalculated if appropriate. After the spell expires, the attribute will be restored to its former value.
- If you are under the effect of a Fortify Attribute, and are then hit with a Drain effect for the same attribute, then when the Drain expires, the attribute will not return to its former value, making the Drain behave more like a Damage Attribute. The only way to solve this is to remove whatever was causing the Fortify effect, and then apply a Restore Attribute effect. You may then put the Fortify effect back on to be returned to your former attribute value.
- Due to a bug, you can't create potions with more than one Drain Attribute effect. The effect that appears first is the one that the potion will have.
- This bug is fixed by the Morrowind Code Patch.
- If you drain your own Intelligence to zero, your Magicka bar will be refilled to full when the effect ends. This can be especially useful for someone who took the sign of the Atronach, although some might consider it cheating.
The following alchemy ingredients will cause a Drain Attribute effect if mixed in a potion:
- Drain Agility
- Drain Endurance
- Drain Personality
- Drain Speed
- Drain Strength
- Drain Willpower
* These are first-effect ingredients, so you will experience the effect by eating them raw as well.